Re: [Rollei] Automat?

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk  >
To: <rollei
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 8:58 PM
Subject: RE: [Rollei] Automat?

>The Automat was
> the premium camera. Automat is used to distinguish the cameras with
> automatic loading especially those dating from the time when the Standard
> was also made.
> ----
> Richard Knoppow

But, then wasn't the "Automat" feature assumed after the time of the  MX
Automat circa 1951?  Surely it must have been a significant innovation at
the time.

BTW, is that a patented feature?  Mamiya, and Yashica TLRs, as well as MF
SLRs still have you roll to the "start" mark/arrow, then the crank clicks
off x number of rotations until the film has been pulled the correct
distance.  I would guess the only similar innovation since is the
semi-autoloads that some of the Fuji 645s have.

Lloyd Schultz
Lschultz2

Nollite illegitimus contarere vos