Re: [Rollei] Re: Rolleicord model?

In a message dated 4/14/2003 5:01:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, egoldste   writes:

> TrueBadger   wrote:
>
> > Lens is Schneider Xenar f 3.5
> > It says shutter is synchro-compur, but top speed is 1/250.
> >
> > Body SN is 13667XX
> > Lens SN is 39726XX
> >
> > Focus and film wind knobs are both on user's right.
> >
> > I'll shoot a test roll tomorrow probably, but everything looks like it works
> > perfectly. Glass bright, clean and clear, and no marks.  Shutter sounds good
> > at all speeds.
> >
> > Any idea what model version this would be?
> >
> > G. King
>

> Great!
>
> According to Evans it is a 'Cord IV made between '53 and '54. Should have M
> and X synch. It also should have a 1/500th top speed which will take a bit
> of resistance to overcome when engaging... just make sure the shutter's not
> cocked when going for it...
>
> I love my 'Cord III... nice round iris which I think your
> 'Cord has as well!
>

> Eric Goldstein

Eric.. thanks much... it does indeed have a 1/500th speed, which neither I nor the dealer had noticed.  I tried it and that shutter speed also works.

I paid $300 for it with a lens cap which is not quite mint, but easily an 8.9 on a scale of 10.  I've no idea if this was outrageously high, but the condition is so great I couldn't quibble.

G. King