Re: [Rollei] Re: Ebay camera question

Indeed that is the common form of the 12/24 switch that you know of.
That particular 12/24 switch (near the film counter window) requires the
transport mechanism either be modified or be already modified. For
example - Jay - your 3.5 F has a bump near the film counter window, but
no actual switch. That means the transport mechanism as issued by Rollei
when the camera was new, contains the necessary modifications to simply
install one extra transport piece plus the side panel with the 12/24
switch and you're done - the camera could then accept 120 and 220 film.
Earlier cameras did not have the necessary modifications to the
transport mechanism and required a complete overhaul of said mechanism
to accept 120 and 220 film. Still earlier cameras could not even accept
the transport modifications. These latter cameras could accept the
Rollei modified strap lug and thus be available for 120 and 220 film.
Interestingly, many Rollei TLR can accept the 12/24 strap lug, like the
E, the MX-EVS as well as F cameras since all it does is push on an
internal lever that releases the counter and reset it to zero.

todd